...to Reform Taxes in Kansas
- Kansas has the highest sales tax on food in the country. Brandon will push to eliminate the sales tax on food in Kansas
- In order to create new jobs that pay a living wage, we must clean up the failed, Brownback disaster in Topeka.
...for Strong Public Schools
We have an obligation to constitutionally fund our public K-12 schools and equitably allocate those resources in Olathe Public Schools and the Shawnee Mission School District
- We must invest in tomorrow's leaders by ensuring all students are prepared to enter community colleges, technical and vocational schools, or four-year universities
Cuts to higher education have exceeded $100 million over the past ten years. Tuition has skyrocketed because state spending per student has dropped. We must invest in higher education by:
- Recruiting and educating university students who will become the future workforce of Kansas
- Attracting and retaining the strongest faculty talent who are dedicated to supporting students
- Empowering our students to engage in experiences beyond the classroom so they are prepared for meaningful careers
...to Provide Quality, Affordable Healthcare
We must expand Medicaid to the 150,000+ Kansans without insurance coverage
- The Kansas Legislature was only three votes short in overriding Gov. Brownback's veto of Medicaid expansion. The state forfeited more than $2 billion by not expanding Medicaid.
- Expanding Kansans' access to affordable insurance coverage will result in less uncompensated care at our hospitals
Do you like this page?